SANGHA MITRA SEVA SAMITHI
Regd. No. 39-94, D.N.J. 25/415-2, R.S.Road, Nandyal - 518502 Ph.: 08514-247763 Kurnool Dt., A.P.
AFFILIATED To SEVA BHARATI (Western AP Reg. No.: 3136/90/AP)
(Administrative Office 3-2-106, Nimboli Adda, Kachiguda. Hyderabad-27. Ph. 040-24610056)
PROJECT SPONSORED BY IDRF, USA
MOBILE DISPENSARY AT DOORSTEPS OF PTG CHENCHU COMMUNITY OF KURNOOL Dt.
Project Head Quarters: GOKAVARAM (Village), Kothapalli Mandal, Kurnool Dt.518422Project Convener: Mr.M.Sudhakar Reddy Project In-charge: Mr.U.Mallikarjuna Sarma
Sanga Mitra Seva Samithi, Nandyal Bhaktha Kannappa Gurukulam, Gokavaram.
Doctors : Dr. M.D.V.N. Rama Sarma, Kurnool Dr.B.Murali Dhar, Kurnool
Dr. K.Parameswara Reddy, Atmakur
Performance - Cum - Achievement Report for the Period: 18-7-2009 to 31-10-2009.
- For the year 2009-10, the mobile dispensary, service work in chenchu gudems, Kurnool district, is entrusted to 3 doctors only instead of 4, dividing the area in to 3 sectors.
- A grant of $12,000 (Rs.5,72,160), released by IDRF USA for the 3rd time, received on 1-7-2009 into SB a/c no10486273775 at SBI, Bazar Road, Nandyal kurnool dt. for the year 2009-10.
- As we contemplate to have an alternative strategy so as to sustain good results that we achieved in combat with TB, which was rampant in the chenchu tribal area of Kurnool dist., we started screening with the help of LCD projector, CDs of spiritual values, Mythological films, followed by counseling by the doctors present on health aspects, with reference to the ill effects of liquor, spurious drugs and other bad habits.
- The regular visits as per schedule, the mobile dispensary started with effect from 18-7-09, for the year 2009-10.
- Unfortunately during the period 2-10-09 to 5-10-09, unprecedented, unexpected flood slashed Kurnool district, particularly town and few parts of rural side and tribal area in the district. In 6 chenchu gudems where in our mobile medical service is catering the needs, the floods swept away all the belongings of chenchus i.e. fishing nets, the few numbers of goats and sheep they are nearing crop, cooking utensils and other daily items which is all the poor man's only wealth; while they themselves ran away for shelter to nearby hill rocks stranded there for about week days, till the waters receded, while some more gudems also had the impact of flood, but in a small way. Any way, in a big way many philanthropists and seva societies came to the rescue of all these flood victims in the area (chenchus and non-chenchu victims). They are slowly stabilizing. Though it is already past about 60 days, most of the victims who lost their houses are still taking shelter in tents in open areas.
- In these floods at Kurnool, residents of two of our doctors are badly damaged and are to be equipped from the scrap.
- Actually mobile dispensary resumed its schedule with effect from 6-10-2009.
V) Month wise no. of patients Treated during Jul. 09 to Oct 09.
|Month||OP New||OP Old (Repeaters)||Total OP|
- ABSTRACT EXPENDITURE (18-7-2009 to 31-10-2009 4 months)
1) Staff Salary Rs. 65,800-00
2) Daily Allowance for sub-staff Rs. 3,850-00
3) P.O.L Petrol Rs. 27,790-00
4) Drugs Rs. 52,624-00
5) Vehicle Repair Rs. 8,155-00
6) Miscellaneous (Xerox, C. Printing) Rs. 1,017-00
- Total amount received for 2009-10 Rs. 5,72,160-00
- Less: Expenditure during 01-07-2009 to 31-10-2009 Rs. 1,59,236-00
- Balance at the end of 31-10-2008 Rs. 4,12,924-00
- V II No. of Kms traveled on road from 18/7/08 to 31/10/08 7,244-00 kms.
- VIII Fuel burnt (diesel) during the above period 781.02 lts.
- IX Drugs
- Balance CF from previous period last year 10,147-34
- Purchased during 18/07/09 to 31/10/09 52,624-00
- Cost of drugs issued during the above period 56,181-04
X Gudem wise visits by Mobile Dispensary during 01-07-2009 to 31-10-2009
|S.N||Name of the Gudem||Name of the Mandal|| |
|Oct 09||No. of Visits to Gudem.|
|6||V RC Colony||Atmakur||1||2||2||2||7|
|10||Narapareddy Kunta||Bandi Atmakur||1||2||2||0||5|
|12||Nayuni Cheruvu||Bandi Atmakur||1||1||2||0||4|
|13||Kottala Cheruvu C.G||Atmakur||1||0||2||1||4|
|14||Palem cheruvu C.G||Kotha palli||2||4||2||2||10|
|15||Errakunta C.G||Kotha palli||2||4||2||2||10|
|16||Kotha palli||Kotha palli||1||4||4||2||11|
|20||Pata madugula||Kotha palli||1||2||2||2||7|
|22||Musali madugu||Kotha palli||1||1||2||2||6|
|28||Chinnaiah Swamy C.G||Rudravaram||1||3||1||1||6|
XI) Ailment Particulars for Jul. 09 to Oct 09 (4 months)
|Name of the Ailment||No. of Suspected Patients||Name of the Ailment||No. of Suspected Patients|
|RESPIRATORY TRACT DISEASES||ENT DISEASES|
|Lower Respiratory tract Infection||31||Gilositis||3|
|Upper Respiratory Tract Infection||608|
|Tropical Pulmonary Eosinophelia||2||GASTRO INTESTINAL DISPRDERS|
|DERMATOLOGICAL DISEASES||Acid Peptioc Diseases||118|
|Pyoderma||42||Irritable Bowel Syndrome||3|
|Fungal Infection||57||Dental Caries||7|
|Nappy Rash||3||Osteu Arthritis||102|
|URINARY TRACT INFECTIONS||14||Musculo Skelitac Pain||83|
|Pelvic Inflamatory diseases||8||Parkinsonism||3|
(i) Reports received from Doctors enclosed.
(ii) Spiritual activities in chenchu gudems.
A Report by Dr. M.D.V.N Rama Sarma
During the regular visits of mobile dispensary ANTENATAL check up is kept as mandatory to all pregnant women in chenchu gudems. Pregnancy in early days is detected by preg-color test for chenchu women for missed periods. Basing on the Heamatics status, Iron capsules/syrup, calcium supplement were given. In first trimester folic acid is provided. All pregnant women in respective chenchu gudems are immunized with TT serum trice in their gestational period.
With the continuous efforts of Antenatal care since 7 years, the child mortality rate is decreasing. During this period, there were 30 pregnant women all have delivered normally in their respective chencu gudems. 2 of them had cesarean surgery at Kurnool and Nandyal. No foetal abnormalities were detected. Effective Antenatal care is prime cast for this achievement.
A Report by Dr. K.Parameswara Reddy
I have been working as the medical officer in this project since April 2007. Now I am looking after the chenchu gudems in the regions of kothapalli Mandalam. I am visiting chenchu gudems twice in a weak both on Monday and Wednesday. On Monday we are visiting places of Yedurepadu, Sivapuram, Musalla Madugu, Erramatam, Pedda gummadapuram and pata madugula. On Wednesday we are visiting places of Kothapalli C.G, Errakunta, Palemcheru, kothalacheru, chadarampenta and once in a month we are visiting Janala which is nearly 4km up near kapileswaram.
This project for the period 2009 to 2010 has began on 18/07/2009. Most of the cases that we have come across are Anemia especially among women and we are providing long duration therapy for at least 2 to 3 months. Most of the patients are responding well to the treatment and there is significant improvement in the health condition. Next majority of cases are respiratory tract infections. Most of these cases are upper respiratory tract infection including common cold. Very few cases are LRTI and Bronchitis. These ailments were more severe during the flood period of October 2009. Very few cases of pulmonary tuberculosis were identified newly. Antenatal cases are also coming regularly for medical checkup. Most of them are following medical advices and are doing well. Most of them are getting delivery done under the supervision of medical persons.
It is noted that at least 2 to 6 persons in each chenchu gudems are suffering with cataract problem of the eye. It will be benefit to these persons if we could conduct one medical camp especially to eye problems. Now a days we have observed most of the chenchu community persons are showing intrest in spiritual matters especially Errakunta and Peddagumadapuram chenchu gudems.
In Terracotta chenchu guide Idol of Lord Panchamuka Hanuman has been inaugurated under the guidance and help of sevabharathi unit. This gudem people are offering regular pooja by cleaning the premises, offering flowes to the lord and by lighting lamp at least once in a day. In peddagumadapuram chenchu people has celebrated lord Ganesh chaturdi in this year 2009. They kept Idol of the Ganesh made out of plaster of paris and offered pooja according to their ability. This gudem people are interested to have one permanent Idol of the lord Hanuman and they are requesting for the guidance and other form of help. Because of the continuous effort of this unit of seva bharathi there is an immense change in the attitude regarding health and spiritual matters.
A Report by Dr. B.Murilidhar
During visits of mobile dispensary we came across common skin disorders prevailing in chenchu gudems as follows:
Scabies is one of the most predominant contagious skin disease mostly spread by drop out school children studying in govt. hostels, due to un-hygienic, un-cleanliness environment. Skin diseases like Derma totes, furnculitis and fungal infections are precipitated.
C.O.P.D is commonly found in chenchu adults due to smoking etc. Asteo arthiritis is predominantly found in elderly women, they were given calcium supplement and some NSAIDS (Non steroid anti inflammatory drugs) uproot from medical care. We are also taking preventive measures so that the diseases don't relapse.
Sd/- Dr. B.Muralidhar
SEVA ACTIVITY in CHENCHU GUDEMS
SEVA ACTIVITY in CHENCHU GUDEMS
07-08-2009 : Chinnaiah Swamy chenchu gudem - women folk of chenchu gudem performed “Samoohika Vara lakshmi Vratam” in the month of “Kartheeka”. About 40 chenchu women assembled with all Pooja material and performed Pooja with devotion in all sanctity. Dr. K.Udaya Shankar, Zilla sangha chalak, Nandyal, enlightened them on the significance of the vratam. Participant women expressed their happiness in taking part in the pooja, while expressing that it was the first time for them to take part in such occasion. Sri Sudhakar Reddy, Convenor, mobile dispensary project, sangha mitra seva samithi and mobile dispensary doctors, along with local women participated in the celebration.
22-08-09: Yerrakunta Chenchu gudem - The first anniversary of installation of Pancha Mukha Anjaneya Swami idol, in their gudem, was performed by chencus, under the guidance of Mobile dispensary project staff. Gudem chenchus participated in Bhajan Programme. In the morning vedic pandits performed Abhishekam, followed be chenchus collectively and also Dr.B.H Appu Rao (Atmakur) and RSS mandal Pramukh conducted dharmic lectures and also collective feeding took place in gudem. In all chenchu gudems, subsequently, National songs, and devotional songs were sung.
2-10-2009 : Bhaktakannappa Gurukulam - Gurukulam campus passed through a dreadful night on 2nd oct 2009 under the grip of fear, of anticipated flash floods due to heavy rains in the upper regions. About 300 gokavaram villagers, ran for shelter into the campus leaving all their belongings at their residences. Fortunately no untoward incident took place by the grace of god; flood with a small treat went off, damaging the village. All villagers stayed in the campus for 3 days upto 5th oct 09. Bhaktakanappa gurukulam and mobile dispensary project volunteers took care of the victims in providing shelter and food to them. From 4 oct to 3 nov, phylonthropists and seva societies connected with RSS and sevabharathi collected all flood relief materials i.e. food, biscuits, bread, chepathies, rice, grams, pulsus, oil packets, masala materials, tamarind, sarees etc. Varieties of clothings, mosquito curtains, bed sheets, mats, towels, steel plates, kitchen ware, kerosene stoves, tent material, misc eatables etc for the survival of the victims and distributed through sevabharathi and its mobile dispensary project in 10 villages around gokavaram. In this calamity 6 chenchu gudems badly affected with a big loss. M.D.P took special care in distributing these items in the chenchu hamlets, apart from medical service, soon after the waters started receeding. About 600 students, in flood hit area were provided with school bags, note books, slates and slate pencils, pens and pencils and academic material. In all about Rs 10lakhs worth of material was distributed.