Saturday, September 28, 2013
Sunday, July 28, 2013
A round up of Achievements and Workdone Till date by SSVVK (Sri Somepappi Somaiah Vanavasi Vikasa Kendra)
Regd under ACT XXXV of Society no 560 of 2007
Project I- Bhakta Kannappa Gurukulam education sphere
- Period of service rendered since 18.11.1999 till date
- No of Persons Benefited from 11 mandals 21 chenchu Gudems and 630 chenchu boys enrolled.
- PTG Chenchu boys studying in Gurukulam some merits to mention:
· One Chenchu boy by name Dasari Ramulu of 6th class was selected to sports school at Vijayanagaram Andhra Pradesh for training by sports authority of Andhra Pradesh. He is simultaneously studying and under going training ,presently in 10th class (2013-14)
· In “Archery” in PYKA Competitions in 2011-12. P.Ankanna secured 1st place and I Salaiah 2nd place.
Up to 4th Class boys are given education in Gurukulam and above that up to 10th class are attending classes in near by Zilla parishad High school as day scholars. We are also meeting the expenses towards higher education of the boys if necessary.
So far 6 Batches of X class boys have come out, Total 9 boys have successfully Completed Course and 5 boys are Pursuing XI and XII classes, while (2) are employed.
Our Partners in Development
Gurukulam is existing depending on the funds received from various sections of society since inception.
- So far the notable contribution we received are from
- Sri G Pulla Reddy Charitable Trust( Land Building and Equipment
- Devotees of Sri Sri Nadananda Swamiji Kurnool
- Rest of the funds were received from Individual donors & we thank them each by their name.
- Period of service rendered - 01.12.2003 to 31.05.2007
- Total no of beneficiaries- Male 10879
· Against 63 Tb patients 60 fully recovered
This is taking into account the number of repeated visits made by the same patients.
Our Partners in development
- Govt of India, tribal welfare ministry
- Grants from IDRF USA
- Funds fro ITDS, Girijan Welfare dept Govt Of AP
- Funds from Grama Bharathi Hyderabad
To increase the enrollment upto 100 boys in BKG
There is necessity of re-starting the Mobile dispensary services in view of the increasing TB Cases, Anemia, Malnutrition in Women and Children. There are good no of infertile cases to be treated, needing motivation.
To upgrade vocational training centers to production cum training centres.
To increase accommodation and vocational training activities to unemployed chenchu youth.